UPS2 (Ultra Precise & Structured Surfaces) creates extremely accurate, complex or unique large scale microstructured patterns on master moulds that enable our customers to volume manufacture.
Typically we produce metre scale cylindrical drums (rollers or cylinders) or flat disks for subsequent UV curing, extrusion or similar processes.
Located in North Wales, UK, we produce micron scale patterns using our purpose built and unique diamond turning machine. To achieve the highest levels of accuracy and repeatability our machine is housed in a purpose built room within a purpose built building featuring temperature stability and extreme vibration control.
We have experience in cutting a wide variety of complex structures for customers to produce a textured surface including:
- Squares & Triangles
- High aspect ratio prismatic structures
- Microlens arrays
- Diffraction gratings
Our speciality are new, challenging or very accurate micropatterns
- Micro patterns onto metal (typically copper or nickel) or plastic
- Features on the scale of 0.25 – 200 micron:
- Features that are rectilinear or 3D
- Up to 50,000 features/cm2
- Cylindrical drums up to 1.7m in length
- Flat disks typically 750mm diameter
- Structures can be varied along the drum circumference
- Fast tool servo enables us to cut lenslets in different aspect ratios
- High speed synchronous micro-milling and flycutting
We offer a fast pre-production prototyping capability whereby new patterns can be proven/tested prior to full production.
Have a pattern in mind? Contact Us to see how we can help you